ITU-T G.657.A2 and G.652.D
(+200 μm Coating Diameter)
FutureGuide™-BIS-B has dramatically reduced coating diameter, while having superior bending performance equivalent to conventional fibers (G.652.D).The 200 µm coating diameter allows around 40% reduction of cable cross-section area.
Optical fiber networks in urban areas demand more effective utilization of available space by installing high-density (e.g. higher-count and smaller diameter) cables. Especially, such demand is increasing in access and drop-cable networks. Employing our innovative fiber coating technology in FutureGuide™-BIS-B, we launch a new ITU-T G.657.A2 fiber with 200 µm coating diameter named FutureGuide™-BIS-B-200. The fiber has dramatically reduced coating diameter, while having superior bending performance equivalent to conventional fibers (G.652.D). The 200 µm coating diameter allows around 40% reduction of cable cross-section area. In addition, superior bending performance helps to install optical cables into narrower spaces with easy handling. This new fiber strongly contributes to not only more effective utilization of available space but also saving costs of manufacture, transportation and installation of cables.
Reduced coating diameter down to 200 µm
Superior macrobend performance complying with ITU-T G.657.A2
Zero(low)-water peak attenuation complying with ITU-T G.652.D
– Realizes more numbers of optical fibers in a cable.
– Enables design of reduced-diameter and high fiber-count cable.
– Contributes to saving costs of manufacture, transportation and installation.
– Helps space-saving and flexible installation for indoor wiring with easy handling.
– Enables high fiber density in networks.
– Offers consistent and stable performance in the field.
– Helps full-band CWDM by zero(low)-water peak technology.
* This document is published for your reference purpose only and the specifications for commercial purpose will be issued upon agreement with customers.