ITU-T G.657.A1 and G.652.D
(+200 μm Coating Diameter)
FutureGuide™-SR15E-200 has dramatically reduced coating diameter, while keeping microbend characteristics equivalent to conventional fibers (G.652.D). The 200µm coating diameter with tolerable microbend performance allows around 40% reduction of cable cross-section area.
Optical fiber networks in urban areas demand more effective utilization of available space by installing high density and more fiber-count cables underground. Especially, such demand is increasing in access network. Employing our innovative fiber coating technology in FutureGuide™-SR15E we launch a new ITU-T G.657.A1 fiber with 200µm coating diameter named FutureGuide™-SR15E-200. The fiber has dramatically reduced coating diameter, while keeping microbend characteristics equivalent to conventional fibers (G.652.D). The 200µm coating diameter with tolerable microbend performance allows around 40% reduction of cable cross-section area. This new fiber strongly contributes to not only more effective utilization of available space but also saves costs of manufacture, transportation and installation of cables.
Reduced coating diameter down to 200µm
with tolerable microbend performance
Improved macrobend performance
complying with ITU-T G.657.A1
Zero (low)-water peak attenuation
complying with ITU-T G.652.D
-Realizes more numbers of optical fibers in a cable.
– Enables design of reduced-diameter and high fiber-count cables.
– Contributes to cost saving in manufacturing, transportation and installation.
– Enables high fiber density in networks.
– Offers consistent and stable performance in the field.
– Produces excellent connectivity with existing access networks.
– Helps full-band CWDM by zero(low)-water peak technology.
* This document is published for your reference purpose only and the specifications for commercial purpose will be issued upon agreement with customers.